Christ is Not Empty

"Risen Hope,” by Joseph Brickey

I have deeply loved this painting since I first saw in inside the waiting room at the Salt Lake Temple. The colors just literally grab my heart and soul and make me want to drop to my knees. It's beautiful, and perfectly portrays the morning of the resurrection. I love the simple sunlight peaking through, and how rich the colors are, including the robe worn by Christ. I wish I could find a hard copy somewhere!

I was having a hard time one day, and the day before that and the day before that. My dad was sick, classes were starting, no more holiday breaks from work and working out again just really got to me. I tend to bottle things up inside and then some small tiny hurtful thing can just release all of this emotion. It's really hard for me to live like that but I'm working on being better about bottling things inside.

During work the following week, I decided to start listening to talks while I was working. Between Elder Bednar's talk, Elder Ballard's talk and President Uchtdorf's talk in October 2015, they (in some way) were speaking about turning to Christ, as they mentioned social media.

If you know me well at all, I love social media. I love networking, online socials and the benefits they are to us. I believe in sharing the gospel through the internet, and social media makes it very easy. As I was listening I noticed a trend of them speaking of turning to the Internet more, than Christ. We turn there because it is the worldly thing to do. It is easy, quick and natural. As we do that, we are left feeling empty. The internet and social media are empty; they serve no purpose in providing answers to life's questions. But that we need to turn to Christ first because He is not empty.

It really got me thinking about that. Christ is not empty, and He will never leave me feeling empty. As we turn to Him, He will fill our hearts and soul with peace and comfort. And that feeling may be the very answer we are seeking. Even if we do not read the answer in scripture, hear it in a prayer or a talk. Christ Himself is the answer.

I thought it was a beautiful thing, and I'm so glad I was blessed with the Spirit to share this with me. Having a bad day can often make things very difficult. It's very frustrating and hard to always turn to the scriptures, prayer or spirit-inviting music, and it's not always what I want to do. But I am never left feeling empty when I do those things. I am never left wondering why and where my purpose is. I am never left alone.

Christ is my Savior, my King. He is my Redeemer and my Friend. Without Him, I'm not sure how I would live my life. I have a strong testimony of Christ and His love. I have a testimony that He lives, and He loves me and He loves YOU. He is here for us if we turn to Him. He is waiting for us. Do not hesitate today, to turn to Him first. I promise you will be filled again, never to be empty.

No comments