What I'm Reading Lately

I thought I would start sharing the faith-based books I've recently read and/or currently reading to blog posts every now and then. I like to mix these type of books in with fiction books to kind of mix up my serious and not so serious reading.



Dear Jane by Rachel Ward

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a pretty cute love story. I’m a sucker for romance and when books include missionaries and waiting for them and stuff, I have to read them.

My favorite part was this at the very end: “I knew that the gospel was true, but it wasn’t a band-aid. It wasn’t a magical wall that would keep me safe from the bad stuff. It’s faith and it’s strength, and it’s a little, tiny light in the darkness that keeps me going.” ←← So good!!



Be Happy by Hank Smith

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really enjoyed this book! Brother Smith was my seminary teacher in my senior year of high school. He really influenced my life as a youth and I was so excited to see that he had written a book on happiness.

This isn’t your typical “7 things to do to be happy,” but more of an explanation of happiness, things to back up the explanations and so forth. He does have a chapter based solely on depression which is brilliant. All it does is explain depression and how it can physically keep people from making the choice to be happy each day. I thought it was well written and suggest this book to everyone!




I'm not currently reading any faith-based books but I will update you next time if I am!


If you enjoyed either of these books, comment down below what you thought of them!

No comments